Procedure for acquiring driving licence for private vehicles
- The procedure for issuing a diving licence starts with application for a training licence.
- It is prerequisite that the age of applicant should not be less than 18 years certified through an original birth certificate or an age estimation certificate that was issued at least two years ago.
- The training licence will be approved after carrying out a medical check and payment of set fees. The training licence will then be issued and is valid for three months
- The applicant will be directed to go to the Sudanese Academy for Traffic to get theoretical training on driving and the general conduct on the road. A certificate has to be presented that certify that.
- The applicant then has to go for training at a driving school accredited by the traffic authority for a minimum of 8 hours.
- After three months after issuing the training licence, the trainee has to go through theoretical and practical examinations.
- If the trainee didn’t achieve the set marks for passing (80%) for both the theoretical and practical, he/she has to go back to training at the driving school for at least one week.
Procedure for acquiring a driving licence
- Get the application form for a driving licence (form No. 63) after presenting what is stated at point (1) above besides presenting a valid ID or passport.
- The applicant has to pass the required medical, psychological and ophthalmic tests.
- The applicant has to pass the practical test which includes reverse and on street driving besides a theoretical test on traffic signs either on computer or verbally for illiterate persons.
- Form 63 has to be stamped for each of the tests indicating passing them with the name and rank of the officer who carried out the test.
- Approval for the licence by the director of licensing or his delegate (the head of the driving licences branch) stating also name, rank besides the personal stamp.
- Payment of set fees.
- Entry of data into computer.
- Checking the data on the licence with those on the form before handing over the licence to the applicant.